Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Easter 2015

 This Easter was one of my favorite Easters, maybe my all time favorite. This year coincided with conference - a real treat.  But the most meaningful part of it all was our new baby chick.
 Saturday morning was my last morning in the hospital.  I can't remember tons, except that it was just me and Jo.   I don't remember seeing the nurses that much, which gave me and Jo some one on one time before we headed back out into the real world and were reunited with her very dear brother Henry.                                                                                                                                                                       

It was sunny and warm.  We had to take Jo to the lab to check her jaundice levels and made a trip to the store to pick up some last minute medical supplies. 






The Catanos brought donuts and visited the baby through the glass windows since they were a little under the weather.  Poppy was vary careful to cover her mouth so as to protect the baby.

The girls sat inside on the couch in the sunlight listening to conference, while Alex listened some and played with Henry. 
We had our own little Easter Egg hunt and it went much better than last year's.  Henry was excited about the eggs and the "tweat?" (since it always says that word like a question - hoping for a treat. 

We had more visitors.  Mandy, Ellie and Clara - I can't remember if all the Hills came or not.  I love these pictures.  So sweet.
The Gibson girls also came over with Jamie and brought a cute quilt that Ann made and a darling little dress.
We then went down to my mom's for Easter.  She and my dad always put a lot of effort into making holiday dinners special and Easter might be their best production.  My dad's lamb and mint sauce is my favorite meal and my mom does a great Easter egg hunt and decorates so well.
 
 
 

It was fun having Mary and her kids there this year, along with the Livingston clan and Jinny.  I was feeling great and energized until about 6pm when I went into my mom's room and laid on the bed with Jo.  I fell right asleep and actually missed the entire Easter egg hunt.  But Alex said Henry had fun and loved playing with his cousins.
I love this picture above.  I'm tired and disheveled but so happy.  Not just because of Jo, but because of Jo and Henry.  I love being a mom to both of them.

No comments: